This Policy applies only to information we collect, process and use through the Platform. This Policy does not apply to information that we collect through other channels, such as information that we collect offline, from other websites or from emails you send us.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you to provide our services. In order for us to best provide our services to you (and to help make it feasible for us to do so), it is essential that we are able to collect and use the information as described in this Policy. This means that the data collection is largely necessary for fulfilling the relationship we have with you, and where that is not the case, we have a legitimate interest in collecting the information described below.
Information You Give Us
When you fill out registration forms, submit your resume, or provide us with other personal information actively, we collect that information for processing and use in accordance with this Policy. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with personal information also may change, but here are some examples of situations in which you will have the opportunity to provide personal information to us:
- Creating an account;
- Signing up for email alerts;
- Completing a form related to one of our products or services;
- Uploading a resume;
- Contacting us for technical support or customer service.
Depending on how you interact with our Platform, the personal information we collect from you may vary. For example, to create an account we may ask only for an email address and password. In other circumstances, such as when you complete a form related to a particular service offering, we may ask you to provide other information, which may include your name, phone number, and/or postal address. We also collect and store certain information associated with the actions you take. When you search for jobs, we store the titles, locations, and general salary range (if available) of jobs you search for and click on. We also store information about the job postings that you apply to, the time and duration of your activity on our Platform, and other information about your behavior on our Platform.
If you connect to the Platform using Google, Facebook or any other social networking site (each a "Social Networking Site"), we will receive information that you authorize the Social Networking Site to share with us, which may include public profile information, date of birth, current office, educational institution, and email address. When we receive this information, it becomes Ishraak account information for purposes of your use of the Platform. This information also constitutes personal information and is, therefore, subject to this Policy. Any information that we collect from your Social Networking Site account may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the Social Networking Site; so, please consult the Social Networking Site's privacy and data practices. You have the ability to disconnect your Social Networking Site account from your Ishraak account by adapting the privacy settings in your Social Networking Site account. If you come to the Platform through a Social Networking Site, from other websites or with devices that enable third parties to collect information from or about you, such third parties receive information about you subject to their privacy policies.
When you set up an individual user account on the Platform, you may create a profile (a "Profile") that will include the personal information you provide. At your request, we will create your Profile with information we extract from a resume you have uploaded on the Platform. When you fill out and save your Profile, your saved Profile can be viewed by prospective employers, subject to the visibility settings you control. (For example, when you apply to certain jobs posted by a JobXprss user company, we may share a static image of your saved Profile with that employer in connection with your application). Because your anonymity on our Platform is important, your Profile does not include or link to the information you submit to the Platform anonymously (for example, the reviews, salaries, benefits, and company rating information you submit anonymously).
If you enter credit card information on the Platform in connection with a purchase, that information is sent directly from your browser to the third-party service provider we use to manage credit card processing and we do not store it on our servers. The service provider is not permitted to use the information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the Platform, your device is automatically providing information to us so we can respond and customize our response to you. The type of information we collect by automated means generally includes technical information about your computers, such as your IP address or another device identifier, the type of device you use, and the operating system version. The information we collect also may include usage information and statistics about your interaction with the Platform. That information may include the URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, location data (if you have enabled access to your location on your mobile device), and other information about how you used the Platform.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services. In order for us to best provide our services (and to help make it feasible for us to do so), it is essential that we are able to collect and use the information as described in this Policy. So it is largely necessary for fulfilling the relationship we have with you, and where that is not the case, we have a legitimate interest in using the information we collect, including personal information, for these purposes:
- to provide you with personalized content, services and offers of services offered by Ishraak, as well as other promotional content and services (for example, Ishraak and its affiliates, if any, may use your previous search and browsing history (e.g. the jobs you click on), or your resume or Profile information, to determine relevant search results and provide you with recommended jobs on Ishraak or on sites of Ishraak affiliates (if any), or Ishraak may reach out to you about jobs or organizations you may be interested in; we also use your IP address and mobile device for these purposes); For the purposes of this Policy, "affiliates" means any entity that directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control of or with Ishraak, now or in the future. "Control" for these purposes means having a majority of shares or the right and ability to direct management.
- to moderate and display the employers’ reviews, interview reviews, salary reports and other content you have submitted for the benefit of our other users;
- to customize and improve the features, performance, and support of the Ishraak site and sites of Ishraak affiliates (if any);
- to communicate with you or initiate communication with you on behalf of third parties through your Ishraak account or through other means such as email, telephone (including mobile phone), or postal mail, including through the use of contact information that you provide to us or (where it is lawful for us to do so) that we otherwise obtain from third-party resources;
- to permit Ishraak or an Ishraak affiliate (if any) to recommend an Ishraak user (and that user’s resume or resume extract) to an employer hosted by Ishraak or to an employer hosted by an Ishraak affiliate (if any), subject to visibility settings you control;
- to permit Ishraak to contact Ishraak users with respect to such recommendations, subject to visibility settings you control;
- to provide relevant advertising, including interest-based advertising from us and third parties, which may mean that we share non-personally identifiable information, such as your job title, to third-party advertisers;
- to transmit your application and save your application materials;
- to share your saved Profile or resume with employers, subject to visibility settings you control;
- to allow Ishraak and Ishraak affiliates (if any) to process your personal data for the purpose of improving for internal operations, including detecting and preventing fraud and spam, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and service improvement (this includes use of your IP address and mobile device information to help diagnose problems with our service and to administer the Platform);
- to create aggregate and statistical data that does not identify you individually and that we can commercialize (for example, we use mobile device data and IP addresses to gather demographic information);
- for other purposes that you separately authorize as you interact with Ishraak.
When we collect any information that does not identify you as a specific natural person ("Non-Personal Information"), we are permitted to use and disclose this information for any purpose, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, except where we are required to do otherwise by applicable law. Examples of Non-Personal Information include: physical location information; demographic information, including gender, dates of birth, ZIP codes, etc.; or any personal information that has been anonymized, aggregated or de-identified. If we combine any Non-Personal Information with your personal information (such as combining your ZIP code with your name), we will use and disclose such combined information as personal information in accordance with this policy. Similarly, if applicable law requires that we treat certain Non-Personal Information as personal information, we will use and disclose this information as personal information in accordance with this policy.
How We Share Information
We only disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- We use affiliated and unaffiliated service providers all over the world (including web servers, cloud storage systems, CRM providers, email services, content support teams, marketing partners, advertising partners, and others) to help us deliver our service and run our business subject to strict confidentiality agreements. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us;
- We may also share your information with Ishraak affiliates (if any), namely any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Ishraak. Such affiliates shall process your personal data where we believe it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest, and where such purposes are aligned with those for which you provided your personal data to us. These instances and processing activities are outlined in the "How We Use Your Information" section above.
- In reorganization or sale of our company or assets, your data may be transferred, subject to the acquirer and its affiliates accepting the commitments made in this Policy and compliance with applicable law;
- If you apply for a particular job through the Platform, we will disclose your personal information to the employer to whom you apply and any vendors they are working with to process your application;
- We invite you to include your resume or other information in more generally available formats for us to share with employers (for example, when you apply to Easy Apply jobs, a static image of your saved Profile), subject to visibility settings you control;
- We share certain information that does not identify you personally, but which is unique to your use of the Platform, such as job titles that you have entered at the time of registration or on your profile. When we share such information, we do not link job titles with your name when we provide this information to others, such as advertisers, recruiters or employers;
- We will otherwise share personal information with your consent.
Other Important Privacy Information:
EEA Resident Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "Contact us".
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "Contact us".
- You have the right to opt-out of the marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. Registered users can manage their account settings and email marketing preferences as described in the "Choices Regarding Your Personal Information" section below. If you are an unregistered user, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), you may contact us using the contact details provided under the "Contact us".
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information only so long as we need it to provide the Platform to you and fulfill the purposes described in this Policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your personal information with and who carries out services on our behalf. Retention periods can vary significantly based on the type of information and how it is used. Our retention periods are based on criteria that include legally mandated retention periods, pending or potential litigation, our intellectual property or ownership rights, contract requirements, operational directives or needs, and historical archiving. When we no longer need to use your personal information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
We employ physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard the information we collect online. However, no company can fully eliminate security risks, so we cannot make a guarantee about any part of our services. You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret. Once you have registered with us, we will never ask you for your password. Please create a unique password for your Ishraak account and do not use it for any other web services or applications. Do not share your password with anyone else.
- Do not send money to a prospective employer.
- Do not give out personal or financial account information to a new employer via email.
- Do not send cash checks or transfer funds for your employer.
- Beware of job postings that ask you to send your resume to a free email service address (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)
- Do not include any sensitive information like your National Identification Number (NID) in your resume.
- Beware of job listings with spelling errors and bad grammar.
- If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Do your homework. Be sure to research any job opportunity that interests you.
If you see a suspicious job posting, please report to us by using the suggested way. If you think you have been the victim of fraud, immediately report the fraud to your local police and contact Ishraak.
Privacy of Minors
To access or use the Platform you must be at least 16 years of age or, if older, the age of majority in your jurisdiction, otherwise, you may not use the Platform. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we remove such information and terminate the child's account.
The information about you that we collect, process, and/or use through the Platform is controlled by Ishraak at the address. Ishraak and the services it provides are hosted and provided outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country. We take additional measures when information is transferred from the EEA. This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
We may revise this Policy from time to time by posting an updated version on the Platform. The revised Policy will be effective immediately for unregistered users and users registering accounts or otherwise acknowledging the Policy on or after the revision date. For other users who registered accounts before the revision date, it will also become effective immediately. However, they can object to the new Policy within thirty (30) days after the revision date. If we make a change that we believe materially reduces your rights or increases your responsibilities, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We may provide notice of changes in other circumstances as well. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Your continued use of the Platform is subject to the most current effective version of this Policy. If you object to the Policy after it becomes effective for you, you may no longer use the Platform.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact us:
House 76 (Level 4), Road 4, Block B
Niketan, Gulshan 1, Dhaka 1212